Monday 15 July 2013

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB for Oily/Combination Skin | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

 Continuing with my Summer tag, why not throw in a BB cream! The perfect base for Summertime, as its not too heavy yet covers any flaws whilst having the ability to look natural and contain added skin benefits such as SPF - essential for days out in the sun!


After the failure I had with my first BB cream, No 7's Beautiful skin. I decided it was time to step back into the BB world since western creams had seemed to of undergone a drastic change.

One of Garniers further instalments on their BB Range, this cream caters for those with an oilier complexion.

I purchased this product around May on offer for £6.66 (rrp 9.99), this product is usually subjected to some form of offer so snap it up then!
I have this in shade Light-Medium but there are other shades available across the range!
*The lightest shades may run slightly warm on the palest of complexions, blending is essential if you fall into this category! 

This cream does slightly lean quite yellow, so more suited to those with neutral - warmer undertones.

The only flaw I find with this product is the packaging, like many whom already own this product (from what I've read) whenever I open the tube the liquid has already flooded the lid (luckily I haven't experienced any leakage) so make sure you open this product with the lid facing upwards! This is probably due to the runny nature of the BB cream itself.
 Very runny as you can see, but its easy to work with!
The coverage with this product is surprisingly not as light as you think.

Miracle Skin Perfector is a B.B. (Blemish Balm) Cream - a next generation skincare product which uses an all-in-one technology. In one step, it combines the benefits of skincare with a light touch of make-up for immediately perfected skin.
Blended perfectly into the skin with a semi matte finish

This cream provides a light-medium coverage than can be built up gradually if necessary! It covers my flaws (I suffer from scarring and blemishes) and brightens the skin. It's possible to apply this product in 'layers' due to how natural this product looks, in no way does it look fake or cakey so if you need the extra coverage - go ahead!

You can either set this with a powder (I've used MACs Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Deep, on days where I've worn fake tan or recently as I am very tanned at the moment - yay!) or wear this product alone, however if you suffer from excessively oily skin (Such as moi) you can become quite oily after around 4 hours! 

It doesn't transfer onto anything that comes into contact with your face and can also be mixed into moisturiser to make the product more sheer if you prefer. Garnier Oily/Combination Skin BB Cream contains SPF20.

After using this product for 4 weeks I found that it did slightly break me out here and there :(


Price: 7/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Product Claims: 7/10 - I loved it, it just broke me out!
Packaging: 6/10
Texture: 10/10 - I love runny foundation/BB products
Skin Type:Oily/Combination Skin 
Repurchase: Due to the amount of product, I probably will never have to repurchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx