Wednesday 10 July 2013

Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review




 Previously I've reviewed this products sister, Good Things Fresh Start Creamy Cleanser. Now its time for Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser to take centre stage! As I said in my previous post, I suffer from oily blemish prone skin so the 'Stay Clear' cleanser definitely appealed to me as it claims to cater for this specific skin type.


This cleanser has the same attractive creamy coloured squeeze tube, holding 150ml of product and was purchased from Boots for £4.99.
 ''Oily skin needs careful treatment to clear away excess sebum without stripping it of moisture. Good Things Stay Clear Anti Blemish Cleanser uses extracts of mango, blueberry and willow-bark to purify and decongest the skin, keeping oiliness and breakouts at bay.''

This product doesn't contain ANY SLS, Animal products or Mineral Oils.

Unfortunately, these claims I felt are far from accurate! This cleanser actually stripped my skin (Not as painful as it sounds!), from essential oils. It dried my face out, sahara desert style... Seriously! 

Here are the list of ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Coco-glucoside, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Propylene glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium chloride, Acrylates /C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer , Mangifera indica (Mango) fruit extract, Vaccinium angustifolium (Blueberry) fruit extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) extract, Salix nigra (Willow) bark extract, Magnesium nitrate, Benzyl alcohol, Tromethamine, Sodium hydroxide, Magnesium chloride, Potassium sorbate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Dipropylene glycol.
 The Cleanser itself is a clear, thick gel that glides across your face on first contact when wet with warm water. Texture wise, it does feel pleasant on the skin and doesn't irritate the slightest when rubbed in circular motions around the face. I wouldn't consider this cleanser as a makeup remover the slightest, when tested I felt that it failed to budge the bulk of makeup and if anything rearranged it on my face!
When in contact with water it does appear to slightly 'foam', this does cause the product to thicken however this doesn't foam so much that it 'bubbles', the cleanser just turns white and slowly makes it more difficult to rub in your face.

I removed the cleanser by using both a warm flannel and just regular warm water, after this my skin felt so tight and dry! Immediately I reached for moisturiser and this didn't even help, I over applied in order to restore moisture and then my face then felt greasy and awful! Not to mention the fact further into the day my face broke with oil so badly due to it being stripped, not good! :(

Luckily I didn't end up breaking out in spots as I didn't use this cleanser in continuous days, I used this twice a week for a month in between days where I would use a different cleanser that was suitable for my skin. Yet I ended in the same situation time after time...

Overall:
Didn't meet up to its claims, dried out my skin and caused it to become even oilier! 

Price: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Product Claims: 1/10
Packaging: 9/10
Texture: 6/10
Skin Type: Suited to oily skin types
Repurchase: Nope!

Heavily disappointed with this despite how well Good Things Fresh Start Creamy Cleanser was as a cleanser. Hit and Miss!

Let me know what you think! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx