Sunday 21 July 2013

Lancome Hypnose Mascara | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

 Presenting... Lancôme Hypnôse mascara in Noir 1


I bought this mascara in a set during the Boxing Day sales after Christmas, where I received the Lancôme Hypnôse mascaraa bottle of Bi Facil eye makeup remover and le crayon khol all for the discounted price of just £13 - bargain!

I'll be honest when I say that Lancôme is a brand that has never really appealed to me, I have never tried any of their products prior to this but as a mascara fanatic I had to test out one of their mascaras as a lot of bloggers and Youtube guru's regard them as being their HG mascaras.

This mascara can be purchased at Feel Unique or House of Fraser for £21
Beautiful packaging, classic black tube with gold detailing

With Lancôme's exclusive SoftSculpt™ formula and patented Powerful brush, 
You can build up to 6x more volume... without clumping, caking. 

Enriched with Pro-Vitamin B5 and lashes feel supple and soft. The result? Truly hypnotic eyes!

I remember reading somewhere that eye and hair colour/type can actually effect how long your lashes are, people with blue eyes are more likely to have shorter lashes than someone with brown eyes (Such as myself) and hair colour obviously effects how dark/light your lashes are aswell as your hair type (course, thin ect.) so thicker hair means thicker lashes!

Luckily I have quite thick, long lashes so I don't feel the need to curl my lashes that often or tint them in any way. I thought that I would mention this as mascaras work differently for everyone, also giving various results depending on how you want to emphasise your eyes whether it be lengthening, tinting, curling, thickening or all!
Bare eye
May I add that I did not curl my lashes prior or after use!
One Coat of mascara
Suitable for anyone who doesn't like too much definition, one coat opens and brightens the eye area perfectly for daytime.
Two Coats of mascara


Usually I only ever wear mascara with some concealer dotted around my face, so I absolutely love wearing 2 coats of mascara to maximise my lashes and emphasise the size of my eyes.

This look is great for after creating a smoky eye as this allows your eyes to truly pop due to how thick and long my lashes have become, also great if you are considering layering a set of false eyelashes on top as I find that they blend in perfectly once your eyelashes are dark, thick and longer than without mascara.


From Bare to Dare, 0 to 2 coats of Lancôme Hypnôse mascara

I didn't actually like this mascara when I first began using it as I found that it just gave me short clumpy lashes, my worst nightmare. However I found that by doing quick strokes following the natural flaring direction of your lashes, the mascara glides over your lashes and pulls them outwards.

Due to me having oily skin, this mascara does flake slightly after a few hours, so be prepared to swipe under your eyes if you suffer from oil.

If you're not on a budget, then this mascara is definitely worth a try but as a mascara junkie I will continue to try out different brands and formulas in order to find my favourite.

Overall:

Price: 6/10 
Amount of product: 6/10
Product Claims: 8/10 
Packaging: 8/10
Texture: 7/10 
Skin Type: All Skin Types
Repurchase: No

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Sorry that this mascara didn't work for u :/ But i could reccomend you a cheap option with great results!!! Essence's I <3 EXTREME crazy volume mascara.I you wanna see more review on my blog http://xxlovemakeupxx.blogspot.gr/2013/08/hello-everybody-in-this-post-i-am-gonna.html i would really recooment it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://xxlovemakeupxx.blogspot.gr/2013/08/hello-everybody-in-this-post-i-am-gonna.html

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx