Tuesday 23 July 2013

MAC Blushbaby Blush | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review


MAC Blush Baby is one of my first and still remains as one of my absolute favourite MAC blushes that I own, this is definitely one of those blushes that look flattering on a wide variety of skin tones ranging from the palest to some of the darkest! This is why...


This blush is perfect for anyone who wants a beautiful, rosy, natural flush of colour. It's in MAC's permanent collection and has the sheertone formula, (like MAC Peaches which I  have previously reviewed here). As with all of MAC's sheertone formula blushes, its easier to build up colour gradually, without over loading your brush and perfect for people who are heavy-handed at applying blusher or are simply beginners.

All MAC permanent line blushes are cased in a simple, sturdy black pot with a clear lid so that you can see exactly which blush is held inside. As I've said in my previous MAC blush posts, the lid tends to be a bit unpredictable as it pops out now and again! Not a major issue though, as soon as it pops out its just as easy to pop back in...

This blush can be purchased at any MAC cosmetics stockists, such as Selfridges and retails for £18 in the UK. I've had this for a year now, using it more or less every other day and it appears that I haven't made the slightest mark in the pan! The price of this blush may seem quite overwhelming for some, but trust me this is a good investment for such a high quality item. To me the pro's definitely outweigh the con's on this product.
Blushbaby in pan
 Swatched (left), Blended (right)

May I also add that this is a matte blush, this in no way highlighted or exposed any pores, blemishes or marks on my face and did not emphasise any redness on my face that I currently suffer from. I get a remarkable 8 hours wear with this blush on my oily skin! I love using it lightly during the day for a pretty flushed look or at night time I amp up the volume and use this blush under highlighting powder with contour and this truly gives you sculpted, supermodel cheeks!

Can be worn with a variety of looks, from dark smoky eyes and contoured cheeks to just a fresh layer of BB cream and a few swipes of mascara. A truly versatile colour.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx