Monday 8 July 2013

How To Use MAC Brush Cleanser and Review | Chelsea Posts Beauty

Well I've been using MAC's brush cleanser for a few months now, I do try to wash my brushes after whenever I've used them, but you know how it is... sometimes we get a bit lazy!


This is my first ever brush cleanser I've actually bought, as before this I use to just soak my brushes in some warm water and then use any old shampoo and conditioner combo to clean them. 

I thought that this was all find and dandy, my brushes appeared clean and none of my brushes shedded using this method however I did come across one problem... it made me break out!

I did think it was perhaps the products I was using however whenever I applied my makeup without the brushes my skin was still left in tact, so I had found the culprit. Just a heads up for anyone using the old shampoo and conditioner!
 I purchased this brush cleanser from MAC for £9... a bit steep seeing as you only get 225ml (7.9 flOz) and depending on how often you use your brushes you could go through this stuff fast!

Another issue I had with this product is the lid. I find it difficult to pour this product without wasting some (and getting it all over my hand, argh!), which may occur as a problem to others.

''This one product will clean, disinfect and condition the brush fibres so that brushes will last longer. It is convenient to use and is specifically designed to extend the life of high quality brushes. Brush Cleanser leaves your brushes smelling fresh and clean and helps shorten their drying time.''
 I've seen this product used in numerous ways, one popular way is to pour some of the cleanser onto a flannel and twist your brushes onto the flannel until your brush is clean... boring!

I think that doing it my way will save you using all of your cleanser and save your time, so what do I do?

I get 3 cups, (just regular cups you would have a hot chocolate in, nothing special) and then I pour some warm tap water half way into the cup and then put in my dirty brushes as this will enable your brushes to soak and will get rid of any excess product as you clean your other brushes.

I always start with the smallest brushes so I don't waste any product, so I pour the smallest amount of cleanser into the other cup (about 3 tea spoon fulls) and then gently squeeze any excess water from the brush I am about to clean and then place the brush into the cup and swirl around for a bit! You will know when your brush is clean, so then place your clean brush facing upwards in the last cup to dry. Repeat for all small brushes as you'll have enough for those! Rinse the cup with hot water and start with your larger brushes...

Always leave your largest brushes until last (Powder, Foundation or blush brushes) and pour the smallest amount of product in and stop when you think that it's enough (only use more if the brush is REALLY dirty) and use the same method! Some brushes may need swirling in water after this and repeat the step again, just to make sure that brush is clean.

I did think that this product was expensive to begin with, however I feel that my method has saved me a whole lotta product and I have not broke out using this brush cleanser!

Overall:
It does it's job perfectly, cleans my brushes well and does not make them shed. I would of preferred a different lid as I feel that it does waste a bit of product in the process.  However I am not sure as to how this may compare with other brush cleansers out there

Price: 6/10
Amount of product: 7/10
Product Claims: 9/10
Packaging: 5/10
Texture: 10/10
Skin Type: All
Repurchase: Most Likely

Have you have tried and tested any other brush cleansers that are worth a try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx