Wednesday 10 July 2013

MAC Peaches Blush | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review


Here is a review on one of MAC's best selling blushes, MAC Peaches. This is a pretty peach shade and is a great alternative if you're someone that tends to wear a lot of pink on your cheeks. 

Its in the standard black MAC packaging with see through lid. I have a few MAC blushes and sometimes the plastic lid pops out! I don't know how or why, considering it was in my makeup bag. Make sure you check your blush lid so that it doesn't dry out. It's a permanent blush that has the sheertone formula, so will be perfect for anyone heavy handed or anyone that is a beginner applying blush as you build the colour up gradually and shouldn't end up looking like a clown.

 Blush in pan with natural daylight
As you can see in the pan MAC Peaches is a beautiful pure peach shade that leans slightly coral, when applied it gives the skin a fabulous natural flush of colour that is perfect for Spring/Summer. It is a matte shade so there are no traces of shimmer whatsoever, however when layered with a highlighter or another blush (MAC Style being my perfect pairing) the colour pops and truely sculpts the cheek.

 Swatch in natural daylight

 When swatched the colour isn't as vibrant as it appears in the pan, due to it being sheertone. Yet this blush is highly pigmented, up to usual MAC standards and doesn't disappoint.

I've used this whilst being my palest NC15 and darkest (at the moment) NC25 and it still shows up beautifully. If you are NC20 or under I suggest that you apply this blush with a light hand as due to its strong peach colour it can appear slightly strong if applied too heavily. Looks amazing on tanned skin, giving a very natural flush. However I think this blush may be difficult to see on skintones darker than NC/NW40, please bare this in mind if you are darker toned!
Swatch with flash
I've had this blush since January and used it on/off regularly and still have a lot of product left! I can see this blush lasting up to 1 1/2 years if used daily, so despite the price you get a high quality pigmented blush that lasts around 6 hours once applied (on oily skin) before it starts to fade. A good investment!

This blush does not break me out either!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx