Thursday 11 July 2013

Urban Decay Bamboo Palette | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

Urban Decay Bamboo Palette
 I've not seen many reviews on this palette to be honest and I'm not quite sure as to why! I bought this when I was travelling to Cyprus in 2009, so I've had this palette for quite some time indeed. 


Another problem is the identity of this product, I've looked everywhere and it doesn't seem to have a name - poor thing! So I've gone with the Bamboo Palette, this should be available for purchase at any Urban Decay stockists as far as I'm aware this hasn't been discontinued!
 The exterior of the palette (Base and Lid) is made from Bamboo with a gorgeous rainforest print! With a hard plastic shell inbetween that actually holds the shadows. This palette also includes a basic eyeshadow brush and small sample of Urban Decay Original Primer Potion.
 Surprisingly the sliding lid hasn't caused me any problems as you may expect. Nor has the bamboo splintered, considering the fact I've had this palette for 4 years now it's proven to be very sturdy and has survived some falling on the floor incidents over it's time, not damaging the shadows inside. The screw does tend to become a bit loose now and again but I just twist that back into place so it stays secure!
You get 10 shadows in total with this palette, 5 on the top and 5 on the bottom

None of my shadows have dried out despite their age, so Urban Decay is quite the investment despite how off putting their prices may seem to begin with. I have chipped Grifter (Maybe due to an acrylic nail once upon a time, I'm not too sure) but this has not affected the shadow in the slightest as the rest still remains in the pan! 

Above (Starting from Far Left) YDK, Flipside, Grifter, UZI and Twice Baked
 All of the shadows contain traces of shimmer/glitter but I haven't experienced any fall out with any of the shadows. 
Above (Starting from Far Left) Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Flash, Oil Slick, Kiddie Pool and Half Baked

This palette is nothing like I've ever had, you get a wide variety of shades with no relation except shimmer! These shadows can be used individually or used together to create a totally new look each and every time, the possibilities are endless.

UD shadows have excellent pigmentation and do not age
I reccommend this palette for beginners, or anyone that wants a new batch of shimmery shadows with a rainbow of colours to choose from!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know where else they would sell it? It's no longer on their website. I reallly love this palette, and would love to have it again!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx