Saturday 10 August 2013

A No-fuss, Speedy Shower Skincare Regime | Chelsea Posts Beauty



So, whether your in a last minute rush to go out or have just staggered in from a long day at work (or prehaps night out, ey) and need a quick body/facial wash and clean fix then this post is exactly what you need!

I see a lot of bath product regimes, but never really see any involving the good ol' shower! For those of us that are busy and need a quick, fresh body fix with no time to spare (Usually me!) then a shower is the best option. Especially if you're in a super rush, with no time to wash your hair - unless you've done it the night before or you're just super lazy... well! I shall introduce you to my best friend, The Shower Cap.

Let's go step by step for perfect skin...


Vaseline Essential Moisture Cocoa Rich - £2.99 Boots
Original Source Rasperry and Vanilla Milk - £2.30 Boots
St Ives Blemish Fighting Scrub - £3.99 Superdrug
My Coconut Island Body Scrub - £3.30 Treacle Moon
Clinique DDMG Moisturiser - £29.50 Clinique
Benefit It's Potent! Eyecream - £24.50 Feel Unique
Gilette Venus Razors - £8.99 onwards Boots
Shower Cap - 50p Bog Standard!

Most items you can pick up in any UK Supermarket when they are on offer, more often than not you can grab them at a £1! Links are listed for international readers that may be interested :)

I definitely recommend to everyone that they invest in a shower cap! I only have a cheap one as my dog chewed my lovely floral one (Upsetting, I know), it pretty much does the job but water can creep in if I face my head directly into the running water. Not only do they keep your hair dry for when you can't be bothered getting it wet or washing it, but if you slough on a hair mask just before you pop it on the heat from the shower will make your mask sink in better! Try it

Obviously in the shower you need a shower gel! My favourites are from Original Source, especially their Lime or Lemon gels that will give you a citrusy boost to wake you up in the morning! A body scrub to slough away dead skin cells and prep for shaving, Treacle Moon do some of the yummiest scents yet they are fab at ex foliating the skin as I find some scrubs to feel a bit weak at scrubbing. 

Another item that's absolutely necessary for a no fuss shower, Gilette Venus Razors with gel bars! No more fuss with applying shaving foam and having to dodge running water so that it doesn't wash away (Maybe even falling over in the process, or is that just me?), you literally just need to sweep the razor across your skin and your done! Shaving made easy for anyone who has a difficult time reaching for hard to get areas.

Face is the base, scrub away dead skin cells or makeup with St Ives Blemish Fighting Scrub, not only are you getting rid of excess product and oils but you're helping to cleanse and protect your skin in one pop of a product! Smells delish too, I shall have to do a full review!

Post showering, you need a moisturiser that will sink in fast and leave no traces on your skin so that you can get dressed quickly - call in Vaseline Essential Moisture. In 3 scents, Aloe Fresh, Cocoa Radiant and Original Essential Moisture these rub in and sink fast, leaving your skin soft and supple with no delays getting dressed! As for face, I pop on my trusty DDMG Moisturiser (Perfect for oily skin and reviewed here) and my It's Potent! eyecream, I am very young but that doesn't mean I don't suffer from long, sleepless nights and have puffy eyes! This cools the eye area, brightens and sinks in quick.

I hope this helps! You don't have to spend a lot on products to feel gorgeous, literally just pick up whatever smells and feels good for you that may even be at your local Drugstore or Supermarket! Most of my shower products I have are ones that I find on offer whenever I am grocery shopping, besides if you want to indulge on your body treats save it for bath time - where you can make the most of them! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love having a good shower pamper- baths are lovely but it's definitely more practical to have an in shower routine for the majority of days when you can't fit in a bath- time-wise, not actually physically squeeze into a bath haha.
    The Original Source shower gels smell amazing don't they!?
    I hope you're well and hope to speak soon.
    Your newest follower,
    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absoloutely, couldn't agree more! Hehe, yeah they are lush and such good value! Thankyou darling :)

      xxx

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx