Saturday 7 September 2013

Benefit High Beam Highlighter | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

Hey everyone this is my first post in September - can you believe we're nearly at the end of the year already? Basically, I've been short of posts because I've just started my first term at college and well let's just say I've recently overcame my gruelling long time table and I've finally got the energy to do some fun lovin' postin' (Very keen, indeed).

Considering the fact we've shifted into a new season which is Autumn, the makeup elements we associate with Summer such as dewy foundations, bronze hues and neon lippies are far from gone when chasing the new windy seasons trends but that doesn't mean you have to be overly matte and dull, introducing cult favourite Benefit's High Beam Highlighter.

 What Benefit Say:
Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter or delicately blend all over your complexion. Looks perfectly radiant on all skintones. It's the "supermodel in a bottle"!
A lot of Benefit's products are quite hit and miss however High Beam is a product that I and many just adore! Transform your dull Autumn complexion by either using this to highlight key areas of the face such as the brow bones, cheek bones, cupids bow, bridge of your nose and inner corners of your eyes (My preference) or if you are an individual that needs to perk up your whole base you can mix some of the highlighter in with your foundation or moisturiser for an overall glow.
As you can see this is a nail polish style bottle/applicator, I find that the brush itself can sometimes distribute too much product if you're just highlighting particular areas i.e brow bones and can be difficult to blend without looking too false. I suggest dabbing some on the back of your hand and then applying with your finger tips to dab the product onto your skin without smudging any makeup underneath and this is also the easiest method to enable a natural finish.

I suffer from oily skin and I find that this highlighter actually lasts a long time on my skin, around 5 hours tops. If I was to go on a night out I set it with a highlighting powder (Such as MACS MSF Lightscapade) which lasts all night.

Heavily Swatched (left), Blended (right)

As you can see it gives a beautiful pearlescent pink glow, suitable for all skin types. I have predominant yellow/golden undertones and have no issues with this highlighter looking 'too pink' or false - just totally natural. Despite the heavy swatch, it isn't as thick as it appears and is quite a sheer liquid texture that contains no thick sparkle or shimmer and does not break me out, I wouldn't suggest applying this over an area where you have excessively large pores or scars as this may accentuate that area.

You literally only have to apply the smallest amount possible each time, I also have sample sizes of this product and I still haven't ran out of those. Less is more! If you can obtain a sample definitely try one out, but the price is justified for the amount of time that this product will last you - I can guarantee a couple of years (Just keep the lid screwed on tightly!)

Can be purchased at Benefit for £19.50

1 comment:

  1. I adore High Beam and it's always in my make up bag. Great review.

    I've just discovered your blog and think it's fantastic. I've tagged you in the Liebster awards.

    If you read my latest post you'll see the suggested questions to answer. Don't forget to comment on the post with your link once you've completed your answers so I can read and comment back!

    http://beautyandthebigsmoke.blogspot.co.uk/

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx