Monday 30 June 2014

Topshop Chameleon Glow in Shuffle The Cards Review | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

I've only ever tried Topshop's cream blushes and nail varnishes and from what I've tried I rate Topshops makeup quite highly. So the other week I was shopping at Topshop (as per usual) and as I was waiting in line for the till I couldn't help but notice their make-up stand (damn you last minute purchases!) and 3 little tester pots of metallic powder stood out like no other. It was my time to be served so I quickly snapped up this pretty rose golden powder in 'Shuffle The Cards' and here's what I think...


Topshop basically describes this as an;
'Amazing dual pigmented, multi-use powder; can be used as an eyeshadow or a facial highlight. Use alone or over products to create a multi-dimensional effect. Apply with fingertips or brushes for an iridescent finish and intense colour.'

Personally I prefer to use this product on the eyes built up as an overall wash of colour, a subtle highlight in the corners of the eyes or as a body highlighter. Shuffle The Cards is a pretty rose gold shade and leans more pink/gold depending on which way you catch the light. This is my favourite shadow to perk up bronze and gold eyeshadow looks and I think I'll be using it throughout the summer!

 I've used this product both wet and dry (hence the dint in the lower left section of the pan) and applied via brush or by using my fingers. My favourite method of application is by using a brush, this is solely due to the fact I don't like getting shimmery product all over my hands! Either way, you get good colour payoff however to gain full opqaque colour you will have to layer up. Whether to apply dry or wet I think it is purely down to personal preference, I don't really like to wet shadows if I can just gradually build colour instead. However when used wet you do get more of a 'metallic' effect, the colours are slightly more vivid but still give off a pretty sheen. The shimmer is not chunky nor irritable and this powder does not break me out.




In the below swatches there is a subtle difference in lighting which demonstrates how gold or how pink it pulls. Overall it is a beautiful rose gold shade with finely milled shimmer. In terms of lasting powder it does hold up pretty well on my oily skin, however I do suggest using a primer underneath if you plan to use it on your eyes. I'm fake tanning at the moment and find that this looks great as a highlighter used on the décolletage and down the centre of the legs.




Chameleon glow is available at Topshop for £8
Thanks for reading x


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx