Monday 15 September 2014

The Iconic MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush Review | Chelsea Posts Beauty Review

If you've ever been past a MAC counter when a limited edition mineralize collection is released you can count on this brush being there! Not to mention the huge amount of beauty gurus that brag about this brush. Basically this is a multi purpose brush and by that I mean you can apply liquid or powder foundation, blushes, bronzers and powders. It does come with a price tag but do I think it's worth it?

Let me begin by saying I absolutely love this brush. It has a medium sized chunky handle which is comfortable to hold. The bristles measure up to 4cm in length (Yep I measured it exact) I must admit when I first got this brush I didn't really use it that much. I remember having my prom makeup applied at MAC and the mua used this brush to apply MAC's Pro Longwear foundation where which I loved the result. When I tried using it for myself I couldn't understand what was going on. I had hairs all over my face! It shedded like crazy for a while but after a few washes it was fine. Now however, I use this brush to apply powder to set my foundation and it is PERFECT for powder application! It picks up the perfect amount and as the brush is so soft you do not disturb any makeup underneath. It also applies blush like a dream too. If you have any MAC Mineralize skinfinishes/blushes in your collection this brush combined creates the perfect pairing and I can understand why they release this brush with every mineralize collection. Thanks to the size of the brush this will cover your face in literally a sweep but if you are applying foundation or have a really small area you wish to apply product to this may be an issue as it is quite large.
 It's easy to clean like any other brush but takes a little longer to dry compared to other brushes due to the natural hairs and density of the brush. In comparison to a cheaper alternative such as the Real Techniques Powder brush the 187 blows it out of the water. With other cheaper powder brushes I find they don't pick up the product as well as the 187 which may be due to the fact the 187 is a duo fibre brush. Plus as I mentioned before this brush can also be used for liquid products such as foundation! I purchased this from the airport when I was travelling to India last December so got it a tiny bit cheaper but you can pick this up from Debenhams for a hefty £34.50 but you won't regret it!

What are your favourite MAC brushes? x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love your feedback! xx